Saturday, October 26, 2013

Halloween Treat Toppers

Halloween is almost here.  And boy are my kiddos excited.  We have more parades and parties to go to than I am ready for but I know they will have a blast.  I wanted to put together little treat bags for their teachers and their therapists and for my Free Friday Night Fun Crop ladies.  Here is what I came up with.



I haven't made rosettes in a while but was inspired by the rosette trees on the front of the CTMH's Holidays From the Heart Gift Guide.  Aren't they gorgeous?  If you are interested in creating them, give me a shout and I'll get you set up.



Some people are intimidated by rosettes.  I know I use to be, but let me show you how to make them.  For these treat toppers, I cut my paper in 1 1/2" x 12" strips.  I then scored at every 1/2 inch.



I then folded on the score lines alternating folding forward and backwards to make a fan/accordion fold.  Next, I glued the two ends together together with the printed side of the paper facing out.


Once the seam is dry enough to hold, while the paper is laying how it is in the right side of the photo above, I pushed the top point toward the middle and one another.  This will force the bottom point to spread and move out.  When the rosette is formed, I use most of my fingers from both hands to keep the rosette pinched and lift it and place it down onto a square piece of cardstock that I have put large glue dots on.  I press down until the rosette is secure.  Because I wanted to use it to hold a bag closed and also allow people to use it afterward as a jacket pin or on their desk, clipboard or chalkboard, I added some large glue dots on some clothes pins and attached it to the back of the cardstock.  Adding a magnet would have been a fun option too.




For the finishing touch, I added a little chipboard pieces that had Halloween characters or saying on them.

 
Then I filled my baggies full of goodies, twisted the tops and secured them with the clothes pin.  So see, not too crazy hard.  

What kind of Halloween treats are you putting together?

Happy Spooky Crafting!

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment