Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Happy Birthday, Zayra!

Today is my sister Zayra's birthday. She is a great sister. I have countless fun memories of us. She always insisted I could do anything and never thought any of my dreams too big or ridiculous. And she has lead the way by example, blazing a trail straight to her wildest dreams. She is an amazing poet and painter. Click here to go to her website.

As long as I can remember, she has journaled. And journaled and journaled. I thought I'd use the creativity she has always encouraged to create something she could use in her own creativity, so I made her a journal. Here is the cover.


And the inside.



I used a CTMH's journal and decorated it using the paper from the elegant Emporium collection. I then used the "z" from the Dimensional Elements-Alphabet and just inked it up in coordinating Crystal Blue, wrapped some Waxy Flax around it and popped it on. Then to dress up the spine, I snipped little pieces of ribbon from our Ribbon Rounds and tied them through the spokes in a simple knot.



I also created this card using the same paper to go along with the journal.



I hope you find a little inspiration in your day! And Happy Birthday, Zayra!

No comments:

Post a Comment