Saturday, August 31, 2013

First Day of School Layout using Cricut Artbooking Cartridge

Both my boys started Pre-K this year.  I go back in forth from feeling sad to giddy about it.  But I definitively feel very pleased with how this First Day layout turned out.



Obviously, I still need to finish the journaling and go pick up the pictures to pop in those adorable photo frames.  But isn't it cute?  As soon as I got my Artbooking cartridge and I was flipping through the booklet and saw these shapes, I knew how I wanted to use them and the layout came together so easily and quickly and just how I'd pictured it.  

I raided my card stock stash.  And let me just take a second here to say that I really like the thickness and quality of CTMH's card stock.  Over the years I've used several different brand, but no since I've started using CTMH's.  One use and it ruins you for others.  Just sayin'.  Anyway, the amazing thing about the Artbooking cartridge is that it tells you which dial size to set your Cricut at and then when you cut all your shapes, they are automatically sized to fit proportionally to your layout.  Now granted I changed my layout up a little from the one in the booklet, but since I knew the sizes it was easy to still have everything work together. 

Also when you purchase the Artbooking cartridge, you receive the three stamp sets and chipboard sheets that coordinate with the shapes.  Well, when I got to look at the stamp sets, I knew I'd be using this stamp often.  And sure enough, it went perfectly with this layout as my journaling spot, don't ya think?


So if you you haven't pick up an Artbooking cartridge yet, do it.  You'll be able to create some amazing pages, quickly and easily, and you'll thank yourself.  Trust me.

If you have any questions about the cartridge, please don't hesitate to ask.  I'm more than happy to help.

Happy Crafting!

Jenna

No comments:

Post a Comment